Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

What's New Today?



Last night, 11 artists came out to the Children's Discovery Museum in Augusta to design and paint this new mural.  The lead artist, Helene Farrar, led the rest of the crew for 4 hours.  The result is amazing!  The youngest artist was 5, as you will see in the next set of pictures.
This one has my son, Sam, painting the anchor.  I loved including the kids!
This is Helene.  You can learn more about her on her web page.
http://www.helenefarrar.com/
My favorite picture!

Now here is my point - I am not an artist.  I am creative and enjoy paper crafting, making cards, etc...  I am not a wall mural artist.  However, when you are surrounding by artists who instruct you, who encourage you to try, you ultimately become an artist too!  I painted rocks, kelp, mussels and did a darn good job!  I was hesitant, but in the end, I was so happy I did it.

The same goes for Stampin' Up!, making cards and other paper crafts.  I often hear. "I just am not creative."  I am here to tell you, "YOU ARE!"  If you take a class with me, I will instruct you, encourage you and you will be amazed by how creative you really are.  Just give it a try!





No comments:

Post a Comment