Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Blow Out the Candles One by One!

I try not to go onto Pinterest too often, because when I do I end up spending way more time there than I should.  It is very addicting, between finding fun crafts and ideas for The Children's Discovery Museum that I work for or finding great new card ideas!  I found this one http://www.pinterest.com/pin/183451384795725802/
a few weeks ago.  I thought the concept was cute, but had to make it my own.  Crafters do that - it is called case-ing.  Taking another idea, changing some elements and viola - it is ours.  Here is my version:


I love sponging, so naturally the flames needed it!  This is a simple technique that can be done quickly and adds so much to your card.  All you need is this: an ink pad and a sponge.  Through Stampin' Up! I sell the sponges in packs of 3 - the large circle you see here - and I cut them up into wedges.  Very economical this way! (Want to order some?  Shop through my "Shop Now" link at the top left side of this page.)


and this is how you do it!  Rub the sponge wedge onto the ink pad and then brush it onto the edge of the cardstock.  So easy!


Here is a closer look at the finished flames:


and now some close ups of the card elements:


If you are wondering how I made the flames look so uniform, well I used a punch!  See the photo below:


Yes the punch was made for flower petals, but you have to think outside the box!  This tip was from one of my customers and she made this card a whole lot easier to make!

Want to make this card?  Here is what you will need:
Summer Starfruit, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White Cardstock, Birthday Basics DSP, Tangerine Tango and Gumball Green Ink, Sponge, Designer Brights Collection Buttons, Pool Party Baker's Twine, Big Shot Machine and embossing folder of your choice, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals and Glue Dots.  I also used the Blossom Petals Builder Punch, which is now retired, but you can use any petal punch.

Hope you enjoyed!  Email me with any questions! 
You can order any of the current products I have used through my "Shop Now" link at the top left side of this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment