Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Remembering Those We Love

I have a very dear friend who is spending the day remembering one of her dear friends, Sandi.  I did not know Sandi, but feel as if I do.  She is mom, as am I, and that bounds us all together.  My heart aches for her children, family and friends.  If you feel led to give toward her families expenses, you may do so through www.youcaring.com.      To Support Sandi's Family Click Here

My friend asked that I make 12 sympathy cards for her to send out in Sandi's memory.  I wanted a simple design and found one that a fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Leonie Schroder, had on her blog.  Simple, but elegant.  Here are the cards as Leonie had made them:
So I started the making process.  I used the words "May Your Memories Bring You Peace" from the Blessings from Heaven stamp set and the flower/stem from the Happy Watercolor stamp set.  I stamped out all 12 of those at the same time.  This saves on time, if you are making in bulk, to do things in steps.
I used another stamp from the Happy Watercolor stamp set to add color over the flowers/stems.  I chose to use pool party and pink pirouette ink, to keep them subtle.
The 12 cards are finished and when my friend returns home from celebrating Sandi's life, she will have these to send out to those who loved her just as much.  Let Sandi's loss of life remind us all that we only have a short time on this Earth.  Cherish every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment